I came across an excellent blog post from the Azure App Service Team Blog – FAQ: App Service Domain (preview) and Custom Domains. Lots of great of questions and answers relating to Azure DNS and your custom domains.
If you have any questions or have run into issues with your custom domain and Azure this is a great resource, so check it out!
Azure App Service Team Blog
New Release of Azure Functions
A new release of Azure Functions is now available, version 1.0.10917. The main things in this release are:
- Application Insights integration (Preview)
- Native TypeScript support (preview)
- Improvements to binding extensibility for binding authors
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
New Experience for Azure Functions
The Azure Functions portal was also completely re-vamped with a new UI experience. Some of the improvements are:
- A dedicated browse blade for Function Apps.
- A tree view that allows viewing and managing multiple Function Apps
- Filters on subscription and app name, as well as an option to scope the view to just one app
- One-click access to all App Service platform features
- A convenient way to manage features that have already been configured
- Overall UI enhancements to be more consistent with the rest of the Azure portal
You can read more about the portal changes in the announcement blog.