What is the Book of News? The Microsoft Build 2021 Book of News is your guide to the key news items that are announced at Build 2021.
As expected there is a lot of focus on Azure and AI, followed by Microsoft 365, Security, Windows, and Edge & Bing. This year the book of news is interactive instead of being a PDF.
Some of my favorite announcements
Azure Cloud Native and Application Platform
- Running Azure app services being able to run on Kubernetes clusters anywhere with Azure Arc
- Native support for WebSocket APIs in Azure API Management is now in preview
- Azure Communication Services, the first fully managed communication platform offering from a major cloud provider, has new intelligent features and functionality to complete customers’ end-to-end communication experiences
- Azure Logic Apps is now updated with new hosting options, improved performance and developer workflows
- Durable Functions, an extension to Azure Functions that lets users write serverless workflows, now supports PowerShell
Azure Cosmos DB
- With the introduction of the partial document update for Azure Cosmos DB, developers can modify specific fields or properties within a document without requiring a full document read and replace
- Azure Cosmos DB serverless is now generally available for all APIs (Core, MongoDB, Cassandra, Gremlin and Table)
- Azure Cosmos DB Linux emulator is now in preview
- Azure Cosmos DB expanded free tier is now generally available
- Azure Cosmos DB integrated cache is now in preview
- Always Encrypted for Azure Cosmos DB is now in preview
- Azure Cosmos DB role-based access control (RBAC) is now generally available
Microsoft Build 2021: What’s new with Azure Communication Services?