New Release of Azure Functions
A new release of Azure Functions is now available, version 1.0.10917. The main things in this release are:
- Application Insights integration (Preview)
- Native TypeScript support (preview)
- Improvements to binding extensibility for binding authors
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
New Experience for Azure Functions
The Azure Functions portal was also completely re-vamped with a new UI experience. Some of the improvements are:
- A dedicated browse blade for Function Apps.
- A tree view that allows viewing and managing multiple Function Apps
- Filters on subscription and app name, as well as an option to scope the view to just one app
- One-click access to all App Service platform features
- A convenient way to manage features that have already been configured
- Overall UI enhancements to be more consistent with the rest of the Azure portal
You can read more about the portal changes in the announcement blog.