John Downs, Paolo Salvatori, and Paul Burpo have created a great video on architecting multitenant solutions on Azure. Multitenant architectures bring along some unique challenges and opportunities that they go into and provide guidance on how to do this in Azure and what to do vs avoid.
This video is aimed at developers and architects who are building multitenant or SaaS applications, including startups and ISVs.
- 00:00 Welcome
- 01:04 Introduction
- 05:24 What are tenants and multitenant systems?
- 09:27 Tenant isolation
- 15:32 Limits and scaling
- 17:54 Deployment approaches https://aka.ms/multitenancy/deployment 22:05 Compute approaches https://aka.ms/multitenancy/compute
- 27:47 Azure Kubernetes Service service-specific guidance
- 39:50 Storage and data approaches https://aka.ms/multitenancy/storage
- 50:56 Cost management approaches https://aka.ms/multitenancy/cost
- 53:52 Pricing models https://aka.ms/multitenancy/pricing
- 57:26 Summary