Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer is a cross platform client tool built on Electron that allows you to easily work with Azure Storage data on Windows, macOS and Linux. This tool also provides preview support for Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake Store.
I find this is a great tool to use when working with Azure Functions locally and you want to work with Azure Storage Accounts, both locally or in Azure.
Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer was updated on April 16 2018 to version 1.0 and is a big update with log of new features, bug fixes, and some breaking changes, so be sure to checkout the release notes on what is new and fixed.
It’s worth pointing out the following breaking changes:
- Storage Explorer has switched to a new authentication library. As part of the switch to the library, you will need to re-login to your accounts and re-set your filtered subscriptions
- The method used to encrypt sensitive data has changed. This may result in some of your Quick Access items needing to be re-added and/or some of you attached resources needing to be reattached.
- Azure Storage Explorer 1.0.0 for Windows
- Azure Storage Explorer 1.0.0 for Mac
- Azure Storage Explorer 1.0.0 for Linux (requires .NET Core 2.0)
Feedback can be submitted to the Azure Storage Explorer issues page on GitHub