Came across an awesome Visual Studio Code extension called “Azure Tools for Visual Studio Code” by Brady Gaster. Check it out!
This extension for Visual Studio Code gives Azure developers some convenient commands for creating or accessing resources directly in the editor.
- Search the Azure QuickStart Templates GitHub repository
- Download Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template and parameter files to workspace
- Uses the Azure Resource Manager Tools extension to simplify the template-editing experience
- ARM template deployment to live Azure subscription
- Login with Microsoft Account (@hotmail.com, @live.com, etc.)
- Login with Azure Active Directory (or "Organizational") account
- Create App Service Web Apps
- Create App Service Function Apps
- Create Storage Accounts
- Get Storage Account connection string
- Browse to resource in portal
- Browse to resource group in portal
- Support for multiple Azure subscriptions
- Supports all Azure data centers
Each of these commands is visible directly from commands visible in the command palette.
Azure Tools Extension for Visual Studio Code can be installed from the built-in extension tab in Visual Studio Code. Just search for “Azure Tools” and it will be the first result. Click on the extension and then click on the green “Install” button.
This extension is available as an open-source project and can be found in the GitHub repository https://github.com/bradygaster/azure-tools-vscode.