Came across a great post on the Windows App Builder Blog for creating Windows Store apps.
Create great Windows Store apps that provide elegant, engaging, consistent and compelling user experiences in Windows. Idea books are a great starting point to inspire you when designing your Windows Store app. Idea books target different app categories and show what’s possible as well as how to create best-in-class experiences in your app.
From the blog post, you can see the current list of idea books that have an accompanying code sample:
- Shopping apps – See how you can create a great shopping experience in your app. Sample code provided by Tallan Inc.
- Enterprise administration apps – See how businesses can use apps for enterprise administration. This idea book even has an app already in the Windows Store. Sample code provided by Citrix Systems Inc..
- Financial apps: SunGard – See how financial institutions can use apps for retirement portfolio planning. Sample code provided by Ratio Interactive.
- Medical apps: In-patient – See how hospitals can use apps to cater to patients during extended hospital stays. Sample code provided by Ratio Interactive.
- Medical apps: Manipal Hospital – See how medical professionals can use apps to plan their patient visits during medical rounds. Sample code provided by Ratio Interactive.
- Retail apps: Social CRM – See how retail managers can use apps to analyze market data, evaluate and monitor customer social activities, and provide direct engagement with customers to promote a positive brand image. Sample code provided by Ratio Interactive.