Last year when I got my first Windows Phone, the Samsung Focus…I was browsing the Marketplace and came across a Flight Simulator called Infinite Flight. I downloaded and tried the demo out at the time, and loved what I saw.
Almost a year later…I upgraded to a Nokia Lumia 900 and decided to pull the trigger and finally get this awesome simulator.
Here is a quick description of Infinite Flight and some of the features. If you’re an avid flight simulator, have a passion for aviation and own either an iPhone or Windows Phone…then I highly recommend you try it out.
Plus I read that they’re looking to support Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8!
Infinite Flight is the first Flight Simulator for iOS and Windows Phone 7 developed by a team of 2 highly dedicated developers.
- Great airplanes selection (varies with the platform): C-17 Globemaster III, Supermarine Spitfire, Airbus A380-800, Boeing 747-400, A-10, Boeing 737-800, Cessna 172SP, Cirrus SR22, Super Decathlon, F/A-18 Hornet, Airbus A321, Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner, A-10 warthog
- 2 Regions: San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California
- Flight Planning
- Realistic Flight Model
- Interactive Flight Lessons
- Autopilot (Altitude and Heading, Throttle)
- 4 time presets (Sunrise, Day, Sunset and Night)
- Weather settings: Wind direction and intensity, visibility…
- Yoke helper for easy handling of the airplane
- Final Approach Path Display to help with landings
- ILS (Instrument Landing System)
- Realistic sounds
- 5 Camera Modes
- Runway lights
- Automatic Logbook (entries added for each flight)