I’ve been using Visual Studio 2012 for just over a week now and I’m really liking all the new features and functionality that comes with it. However I’m still not a huge fan of the new light/dark themes. I would like to use the Dark theme, but find it’s just too dark. It would be nice if they made it a few shades lighter.
In summary, with Visual Studio 2012 you can:
- Develop for Windows 8
- Develop for the Web
- Developer for Windows Phone 8
- Develop for Windows Azure
- Develop Business Applications
- Develop Games and other 3D Applications
- Take advantage of the latest language enhancements
- Performance, Reliability and Compatibility Improvements
- New IDE Productivity Features
- Improve your code quality with enhanced testing tools
- Reduce cycle times using tools for agile practices
- Deliver Cloud-Based Services with Smoother Collaboration between Operations and Engineering
Checkout Jason Zander’s blog post for the full article the Top 12 of Visual Studio 2012.
If you have access to Visual Studio 2012, I highly recommend you give it a try. You can always work in both Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 as they are backwards compatible with one another.