The C-46 has arrived! I know I know I know, how is it possible that new content has appeared for Microsoft Flight after development was discontinued? Well it seems as though this aircraft was complete, but they still needed to do the paperwork to get it released.
This plane was originally built as a cargo and troop transport during WWII. This twin engine aircraft can carry up to 17,000 lbs of fuel and cargo to almost any remote and rugged landing strip. It has a relatively high cruising speed of 200 kts and a maximum range of 1500 miles. This makes it the perfect cargo aircraft for Alaska.
- Authentic Model: Beautifully rendered exterior of the C-46 and its Pratt and Whitney R-2800 engines give you a realistic experience.
- Great Cargo-Carrying Capability: Over 17,000 pounds of fuel and cargo capacity allows flexibility and efficiency in completing jobs.
- No cockpit view is included.
I think this is a great addition to Microsoft Flight and is an aircraft I look forward to flying. It’s too bad that there is no cockpit view.
I know I’ve mentioned this in the past, but I really wish there was a way for the community and 3rd party vendors to create additional content (aircraft, maps, etc) for Microsoft Flight.
- C-46 on Ice Pilots TV series: http://www.icepilots.com/fleet_c46.php
- C-46 at Buffalo Air: http://www.buffaloairways.com/index.php?page=curtiss-c-46
- C-46 on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-46_Commando